Job fairs or career expos are common for entry level job recruitment. They provide a large number of candidates to employers & they give job seekers the opportunity to explore many employers at the one event.
Popular career, job search, pay & salary frequently asked questions & answers (FAQs).
There are a few types of job fairs, such as community job fairs, campus job fairs, professional job fairs… etc. Job & career fairs are mainly held in major cities around the world.
Job fair tips & how to make the most of job & career fairs:
- Research the employers & visit their websites before attending the job fair. Find out what openings they have.
- List some questions you’d like to ask the employers you are interested in.
- Take 30 to 50 resumes with you.
- Dress in business attire.
- Be prepared to fill application forms by having relevant info readily available with you.
- Arrive early & have a plan.
- Be prepared to interview.
- Spend quality time talking to the employers you are interested in & make a good impression. This is far more important than distributing as many resumes as possible to all the different employers at the job fair.
- Collect contact information, such as business cards as you go.
- A couple of days after the job fair, follow up with a thank you note.
Some popular job fairs & career expos: