Job interview questions are easy if you are well prepared. The job interview is your opportunity to sell yourself. Your aim is to convince interviewers/ recruiters that you are the best for the job. The key to succeed in a job interview is to be well prepared. Practice the most commonly asked interview questions prior to attending your next interview.
To follow are the most commonly asked interview questions to help you prepare for your next job interview:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your salary expectations?
- Describe a time when you worked with someone who had a different approach from your approach? How did you deal with the differences?
- Why should we hire you?
- Describe a time when you exceeded a customer’s expectations? How did you achieve this? How did you know that you exceeded the customer’s expectations?
- What do you know about our Company?
- Describe a time when you were in a team and were unable to complete your share of work on time. How did you handle it?
- Have you ever had to work closely with a person you didn’t get along with? How did you handle this?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What did you find difficult or challenging about your current or last role?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Why are you leaving your present job or why did you leave your last job?
- What qualifications do you have for this job?
- Why did you apply for this position?
- Describe a difficult customer you dealt with. Why was the customer difficult? How did you engage the customer? What lessons have you learned about keeping the customer satisfied?
- Why have you been unemployed for so long?
- How is your health?
- How soon can you start?
- What were you doing while unemployed?
- Do you prefer to work with others or on your own?
- What can you do for us that someone else can’t?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- How long would you stay with our company?
The above job interview questions can be asked whether you are a CEO, director, executive, financial controller, dentist, doctor, nurse, project manager, recent graduate, tradesperson, engineer, teacher, child care worker, flight attendant, typist, dental assistant, accountant, technician, supervisor, manager, technical executive. Also, can be asked in different industries such as mining, retail, finance, sales, marketing, transport, logistics, lean manufacturing, production, operations, health, medical, education, engineering, technical, office administration, energy, health care and IT.
These questions are asked at interviews worldwide, including in Australia, USA, China, UAE, UK, India, Russia, Turkey, Pakistan, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, Portugal, Malaysia, Turkey, Greece, France, Spain, Poland, Philippines, Hong Kong, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Italy, Colombia, Nepal, Chile, Japan, Germany, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Canada & Singapore.
Related topics we’ll be adding soon: answers to most asked job interview questions & phone interviewing techniques.