Sample CV template for IT Project Manager below can also be used by other job applicants, including executives, nurses, accountants, civil engineers … etc. Many ask: how to write a CV? Start your sample CV template with as much information as possible, then edit & proofread your sample CV template. By using this sample CV template you will get a head start.
For a free professional CV evaluation of your IT Project Manager CV or to use my professional CV services for IT Project Managers and other roles, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
You will find many different CV templates, but we focus more on the presentation and content of the CV, than on the CV template.
- Pay attention to the overall appearance of your sample CV template & ensure there is adequate white background space.
- Your CV must reflect the image that matches the salary you are seeking.
- Remove from your sample CV everything that starts with “responsibilities included …” and replace with accomplishments and/ or achievements.
- Your strengths must stand out clearly at the beginning of your CV.
- Quantify your experience on your sample CV template by including numerical figures, such as monetary budgets/ funds saved, time periods/ efficiency improved, % saved… etc. This will make your CV stand out.
Sample CV template for IT Project Manager:
Your phone number (do not include your work number if you don’t wish to be contacted at work)
Your email address (use a professional sounding email & not a work email)
A short summary at the top of your sample CV template, highlighting and describing you, your skills and your strengths
- Start with your present / last employer
- List of all employment (up to 15 years, focusing on the experience that is relevant to positions that you are currently seeking & the most recent experience)
- List the name of the Company,
- A brief description of the company
- Size of company (e.g. Largest IT Project management company in Western Australia),
- Your title: IT Project Manager, Executive Project Manager, Electrical Project Manager or Construction Project Manager … etc. (if more than one position was held with the same company list each one separately)
- Dates of employment- (if it is more favorable, you can indicate the year only, for example 2001 to 2004)
- Do not include your salary.
- Description of your accomplishments, achievements and responsibilities
- Within your sample CV template, use strong action verbs (for example project managed, resolved, developed, initiated, coordinated…)
- Include cost savings (e.g., saved 20 % on a $1.5 M IT project cost, or saved $5,000 per month in construction cost)
- Repeat the above for each position starting with the most recent at the beginning of your professional experience section of your professional CV template
(For the sample CV template for graduates or where the education is more relevant than the experience for the job you are applying to, this section is usually placed above “Professional Experience.” For the sample CV template for all others, this section is usually placed below “Professional Experience.”)
- Name of University/ College/ Community College
- Degree / Diploma/ Certificate
- Graduation date/ still attending
- For about to graduate students and for recent graduates, it is recommended that you list your major courses
- Include any relevant skills not listed under professional experience above (e.g., team building skills for Project Managers, Executives, IT Project Managers, Construction Project Managers… etc.)
- All relevant courses/workshops/ seminars
- All relevant computer skills (e.g., Microsoft office …)
- Foreign Languages (only list if you are applying for positions where your foreign language would be a requirement or an asset)
(Optional- depending on the relevance to the job you are applying to)
List of Professional Licenses/ Memberships
- We suggest you contact your referees and prepare a list of references to have ready to give to the employer as soon as they ask for them (no need to send with your CV and application, unless you are asked to do so)
- Some sample CV templates include listing the references. We recommend only including “References available upon request” at the end of your CV.
Please share this page using the share buttons at the bottom of the page.
The above sample CV template can be used for different industries in general, so can be used as a sample CV template for IT, executive, nurse, construction, electrical, manufacturing … etc.
We’ll be adding another sample CV template shortly, curriculum vitae and how to write a CV. For any questions on the above sample CV template, please contact us or ask us.
KMD-solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia