Coronavirus virtual interview tips to help you prepare for your virtual job interview during the Coronavirus pandemic. As a result of Coronavirus, most companies are conducting virtual interviews. Including video interviews, phone interviews and one way interviews.
How to prepare for a virtual interview during Coronavirus
- So prepare for different virtual interview scenarios.
- Practice common virtual interview questions.
- Treat the virtual interview just like a face to face interview. Including a phone interview, online video interview and one way interview.
- Virtual interview is also referred to as remote interview.
- Test your laptop, connections and camera, prior to the interview.
Coronavirus virtual interview tips
- Dress up professionally, as you would for a face to face interview.
- Turn off any distractions.
- Ensure there is a professional background setting
- Have a nice smile and make good eye contact.
- Stay positive and avoid focusing on the Coronavirus during your interview.
- Just like an in person interview, there may be up to 4 interviewers conducting the interview.
- Ensure your environment resembles an office environment as much as possible.
- Be ready for the virtual interview at least 15 minutes earlier. As they may call you a few minutes earlier.
- While virtual interviews may be stressful to some, they are becoming the norm as a result of Coronavirus. Also, after 2 or 3 interviews, this interview process will become easier.
- In some cases companies may initially ask for a one way video. Also treat this as if you are in a face to face interview.
- Avoid discussing your salary expectations.
- Send an interview thank you email to everyone who interviewed you.
- Also see Coronavirus job opportunities.
COVID-19 job search info
- Some organisations are hiring, including Services Australia, Centrelink, Services NSW, Coles and BHP. See job search during COVID-19.
- Also, there is relief for the unemployed through Centrelink benefits and additional Centrelink supplements.
- The Australian Government is also offering jobkeeper payments.
- Please share these Coronavirus virtual interview tips.
- Also see my job interview and salary negotiation coaching. And call me on +61 417 063 668.
- I assist clients across Australia. Including Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
- Also assisting clients worldwide. Including clients from USA, Brazil, UK, Canada and Germany.
- Will be adding more articles relating to COVID-19
© 2003- 2020 KMD-Solutions. All rights reserved worldwide.