COVID-19 job opportunities have increased due to increased demand in certain industries.
Including demand for doctors, nurses, counsellors, miners, software developers and online instructors. Also, supermarket staff, truck drivers, online sales, fruit pickers, nannies, customer support and call center staff.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, some organizations started hiring.
- Some will be adding jobs in demand post COVID-19.
- Federal and State Governments are creating new jobs.
- Services Australia is hiring 5,000 staff at Centrelink.
- Services NSW is hiring an additional 1,000 staff.
- In the mining industry, BHP is also hiring 1,500 staff in Western Australia, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.
- Also, Defense Force Australia is hiring.
- There is an increased demand for health professionals. Including doctors and registered nurses.
- ANZ Bank is hiring.
- A number of organizations are redeploying coronavirus layoffs.
- Supply chain, logistics and warehouse companies are also hiring.
- There is also increased demand for truck drivers, delivery drivers and couriers.
- Australia Post is hiring 600 staff.
- Dominos is hiring 2,000 delivery staff.
- Telstra is hiring 1,000 call center staff nationwide. Including staff in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Townsville and Hobart. Also Optus is hiring.
- Also there is a higher demand for tutors.
- Woolworths is employing 20,000 staff. Including 5,000 of the jobs to laid-off Qantas and Jetstar employees.
- Aldi is hiring due to increased demand.
- This list was updated in March 2020
Job search during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Improve your chances by networking and by exploring the hidden job market. Also, stand out by improving your resume.
- Apply your transferable skills to increase your chances.
- Stay positive. Governments around the world are providing support. Australia has introduced the job seeker payment to support employees and employers. Also, Centrelink has temporarily increased the job seeker unemployment payment and other Centrelink benefits. In addition to other stimulus packages.
- Many countries are releasing packages to support businesses and provide some tax relief.
I’ll keep updating these job opportunities and will add jobs in demand post COVID-19.
- Check out my professional resume writing and cold over letter for unadvertised jobs.
- I assist clients across Australia. Including Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne. Also clients in the United States, Canada, Japan, Germany, France, UK and worldwide.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia.