Cold cover letter sample, to be used for cold calling employers in 2023. As unadvertised jobs make up a large percentage of job opportunities.
- How do you write a cold call cover letter to inquire about unadvertised and non-existing jobs?
- When and how do you write a cold call cover letter with no experience?
- How to include salary requirements in my cover letter?
Cold calling cover letter tips
- This example letter below also applies to writing a cold call cover letter with no experience and with experience.
- Attach your cold calling resume to your letter.
- Also, this letter or email applies to jobs that do not exist and to unadvertised jobs.
- Ensure each cold canvassing cover letter is short. Otherwise, no one will read it.
- Do not mention your expected salary or your expected salary range. Also don’t inquire about salary.
- Use the example below for all roles. Even though the example below is for an IT role. It is also applicable to women and men, all fields and to those with no experience.
- Take the initiative and call employers within your field.
Cold call cover letter example
99 Mars Rd
Sydney, NSW 2000
5 Aug 2023
11 Tom Road
Sydney, NSW 2022
I am writing to you to inquire about possible IT roles within your company. Attached is my resume for your review.
Also highlight skills that make you stand out, in this section.
I have demonstrated excellent IT skills, in addition to strong analytical skills. Also, I am confident my skills would be an asset to your company.
Please contact me to set up a convenient time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Contact phone number
Cold calling resume
- When inquiring about possible opportunities, attach your cold calling resume to your cover letter.
- Only indicate that you are inquiring about possible opportunities.
- But there is no need to make changes to your resume. As you can use the same resume that you use to apply for advertised jobs and for existing jobs.
- Change each resume slightly to match the industry you are seeking.
- You only need to change your cold calling resume if you are changing career. Or changing to a different industry.
- Have a look at my simple resume format for 2023.
More cold calling cover letter tips
- Also use this example for networking.
- Network and cold call to tap into the hidden job market.
- Also referred to as cold contact email or cold canvassing cover letter.
- Edit the letter for each application. Also, edit the keywords.
- Send each email to a specific person, if you can. Also attach you cold calling resume.
- Ensure your resume is professional and it clearly highlights your skills and experience.
- Use the above for all fields and for all jobs. Whether you are a CEO, engineer, childcare teacher or nurse.
- The same tips and example letter apply to writing a cold calling letter with no experience.
- Don’t refer to expected salary or current salary.
- Also, the above is only a sample format. So, edit this sample for each specific employer and possible opportunity. Also, we’ll be adding more formats shortly.
- Be prepared for phone interviewing, virtual interviewing and video interviewing.
Check out my salary negotiation coaching services for women and men. Also, assisting clients worldwide, including across Australia.
Please share the above cold cover letter sample and tips.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia.