Job interview tips below to help you prepare for your next job interview. What to do and not to do during your next job interview. The key to succeed in a job interview is to be well prepared.
- Prepare for different job interview scenarios
- Keep in mind the product that you are marketing is you
- Don’t make derogatory remarks about your present or former bosses.
- Never inquire about salary, vacation or bonuses, in the initial interview. You will be in a stronger position once they decide to hire you.
- Send a thank-you letter to everyone you have spoken to.
- If you haven’t heard from the employer within the time frame given to you, follow up.
Read these job interview tips before your next interview
- Research the company before you attend your interview.
- Prepare and practice before the interview. As the more you prepare, the better success you will have.
- Plan to ask questions, as asking questions gives you the opportunity to show your interest. Also, it gives you the opportunity to find out if this Company is the right place for you.
- Dress professionally in simple business attire.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Turn off your cell phone prior to attending the interview
- Introduce yourself in a courteous manner.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Stand straight and make eye contact.
- Sit erect and lean forward in the chair, to show your interest.
- Be a good listener, as well as a good communicator.
- Be prepared to answer open-ended questions. Such as tell me about yourself.
- Give them reasons to buy, by focusing what you can bring to the organization.
- Talk about specific achievements.
- At the end of the interview, ask about the next step in the process.
- Thank the interviewer for his/ her time and for the opportunity.
- Some companies ask you to come in for a second interview. While other companies ask you to come in for a third interview. So, apply the same tips as above. Also, be consistent in your answers with the answers you gave previously..
- Thank the interviewer.
Don’t do the following at your job interview
- Don’t answer with a simple “yes” or “no”. Explain whenever possible.
- Don’t chew gum.
- Don’t be arrogant.
- Don’t ask about salary or benefits.
We’ll be adding phone job interview tips and answers.
Kmd-Solutions is based in Sydney, NSW