Job search jokes to make you laugh and to enjoy. Including resume, starting salary, starting a new job, hiring and interview humor. So, take a break and check out these funny jokes.
Job search jokes
Which do you like most?
Most popular job search joke: Starting salary
- The CEO said to the job applicant: The starting salary for this job is $90,000. Later it can go up to $160,000.
- The job applicant replied: OK. I will start later then.
High school teacher
- A high school teacher was so dissatisfied with his current job. So, he resigned. There was a shortage of high school teachers. So, he was so confident that he would find a new job quickly.
- He started applying online and also started emailing cover letters to employers. And he attached the same resume to each employer.
- Six months later, he was so disappointed that he had not received any phone calls.
- Then he received an email from an employer that explained why he hadn’t heard from anyone. The email said: “You didn’t attach your resume. But I want to thank you so much for the roast lamb recipe that you attached to your cover letter.”
Student loan debt
- When an applicant was asked about his expected salary.
- He answered: I need a high salary to be able to pay off my four-year university student loan debt within 2 months.
Hiring manager’s CV
At a job interview, the applicant asked the hiring manager: Can I see your CV before we start? I want to check if you are qualified to conduct interviews. Also, I want to ensure that you are qualified to judge the job applicants.
- The boss called an employee 4 months after she hired him.
- The boss said: You have some explaining to do. When you applied for this job, you told me you had 15 years of experience. But we just found out that this is the first job you have ever had. So, you have no experience.
- The employee replied: “That’s because in your ad, it said that you prefer someone with imagination.”
See my salary negotiation coaching for women and men. Also assisting clients worldwide. Including clients in Australia, Canada, United States, Colombia and Germany.
Send us funny jokes about starting a new job, job seeking and hiring jokes that you would like us to add to this page.
Also, please share this article.
I’ll be adding more funny job search jokes in 2024
KMD-Solutions.com is based in Sydney, Australia.