- Keep your simple application letter short. Because it does not replace your resume. Also see cold calling cover letter and cover letter for child care.
- Don’t include your expected salary or expected salary range in your simple application letter.
Simple application letter tips
- Write a letter that is clear. Because it is your introduction to employers.
- Check the spelling and grammar in your letter.
- Use the letter sample below. Then edit this sample letter for each job.
- Focus on your positive skills and experience.
- Ensure your letter is less than 3/4 of a page.
- Get to the point.
- Always include the job title that you are applying for.
- Include your skills that match the job ad.
Simple application letter
February 21, 2020
Sydney, NSW 2000
I am writing to you in response to your ad for a teacher. Also, attached is my resume for your review.
In addition to my teaching experience, I am highly organized. Also, I have a passion for teaching and for helping students.
I am looking forward to discuss how I can contribute to the success of your organisation. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
Include in the letter your skills that match the job ad.
What to avoid when writing your simple application letter
- Don’t mention weaknesses.
- Do not include salary expectations. But, when asked, indicate that you are negotiable. Also, let me work with you to negotiate a higher salary.
- If your letter is too long, the boss may not read your resume. Because they don’t have time.
- Don’t use “I” too much.
I help clients across Australia. Including clients in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne. In addition to international clients. Including clients from USA, UK, Germany, Mexico, Brazil and Canada.
- Use the above letter as a sample. Then modify it to write your own letter.
- The above simple letter sample is for all fields. Even though I used teacher in this sample letter. So use it whether you are a nurse, CEO, engineer or childcare teacher.
- Keep a copy of each letter that you send.
- We will be adding another simple application letter soon.
- Check out my resume and application writing services. Also call me on +61 417 063 668.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia