- Can you provide a professional application letter sample?
- How do I write a simple application letter?
Professional application letter format tips
- Keep your simple application format short in 2022. Because it does not replace your resume. Also see my cold calling cover letter and cover letter for child care.
- Don’t include your expected salary or expected salary range in your letter.
- Check the spelling and grammar in your letter.
- Use the format below. Then edit this letter for each job that you apply to.
- Include your skills that match the job ad.
Professional application letter sample
28 September 2022
Sydney, NSW 2000
I am writing to you in response to your ad for a teacher. Also, attached is my resume for your review.
In addition to my teaching experience, I am highly organized. Also, I have a passion for teaching and for helping students.
I am looking forward to discuss how I can contribute to the success of your organisation. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
How do I write a simple application letter?
- Write a letter that is clear. Because it is your introduction to employers.
- Ensure your letter is free of spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Focus on your positive skills and experience.
- Ensure your letter is less than 3/4 of a page.
- Get to the point.
- Include in the letter your skills that match the job ad.
- Always include the job title that you are applying for.
What to avoid
- Don’t mention weaknesses.
- Do not include salary expectations. But when asked, indicate that you are negotiable. Also, let me work with you to help you negotiate a higher salary.
- If your letter is too long, the boss may not read your resume. Because they don’t have time.
- Don’t use “I” too much.
- Use the above letter as a sample letter. Then modify it to write your own letter.
- Some focus on checking different formats. But I focus on just a simple letter and on making the resume stand out.
- The above simple letter sample is for all fields. Even though I used teacher in this sample letter. So use it whether you are a doctor, CEO, business analyst, engineer or childcare teacher. Can also be used to write a cover letter for all industries.
- Keep a copy of each cover letter that you send.
My coaching and training services
- I help clients worldwide and across Australia. Including clients in Sydney, Hobart, Darwin, Canberra, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne. Also assisting women and men at all levels in Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Westmead, Strathfield, Ryde and Hornsby. In addition to Blacktown, Harris Park, Lane Cove, Kellyville, Manly, Bankstown, North Sydney and Epping. Also Waitara, Liverpool, Gosford, Mosman, Northmead, Wentworthville, Frenchs Forest, Rockdale and Greater Sydney.
- Check out my professional resume and application writing services. Also call me on 0417 063 668.
I will be adding another professional application letter sample soon.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia.