Simple application letter that is ready to use by modifying slightly. Also known as a cover letter. See all the simple application letter tips and the sample letter below.
- Keep your simple application letter short. Because it does not replace your resume. Also see cold cover letter.
Simple application letter tips
- Write a letter that is clear. Because it is your introduction to employers.
- Check the spelling and grammar in your letter.
- Use the simple application letter sample below. Then edit this sample letter for each job.
- Focus on your positive skills and experience.
- Ensure your letter is less than 3/4 of a page.
- Get to the point.
- Don’t include your expected salary in your letter.
- Always include the job title that you are applying for.
- Include your skills that match the job ad.
Simple application letter
August 16, 2019
Sydney, NSW 2000
I am writing to you in response to your ad for a teacher. Also, attached is my resume for your review.
In addition to my teaching experience, I am highly organized. Also, I have a passion for teaching and for helping students..
I am looking forward to discuss how I can contribute to the success of your organisation. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
Include in the letter your skills that match the job ad.
What to avoid when writing your letter
- Don’t mention weaknesses.
- Do not include salary expectations. But, when asked, indicate that you are negotiable. Also, let me work with you to negotiate a higher salary.
- If your letter is too long, the boss may not read your resume. Because they don’t have time.
- Don’t use “I” too much.
I help clients across Australia. Including clients in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne. In addition to international clients. Including clients from USA, UK, Germany, Colombia, Singapore and Canada.
- Use the above letter as a sample. Then modify it to write your own letter.
- The above simple letter sample is for all fields. Even though I used teacher in this sample letter. So use it whether you are a nurse, CEO, engineer or childcare teacher.
- Keep a copy of each letter that you send.
- We will be adding another letter sample soon.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia