Promotion and relocation FAQ & A. My boss offered me a promotion to a manager and to relocate to Sydney, Australia. Which is an area that I am not familiar with. Should I ask for relocation pay and negotiate pay? Is there anything else that I should be asking in terms of moving to Sydney?
Promotion and Relocation Answer
- It really depends on the company.
- Some companies will offer you paid accommodation for a number of weeks. In addition to paid time off to find a suitable place.
- They’ll also pay a certain amount to cover moving your furniture. Or they will arrange and pay a moving company to do so. We suggest you negotiate to get this assistance.
- As far as your salary, compare the cost of living in your city with the cost of living in Sydney.
- Ask for an amount to compensate you for the difference. Obviously you need to negotiate and be flexible.
- Also negotiate health insurance, paid accommodation and school education.
- You can also negotiate annual return tickets to your country, for you and for your family.
- Check out these 3 examples of counter offer salary negotiation,
Let me work with you to negotiate a higher salary. Also see my job interview coaching and resume services, to make you stand out. Also call me on +61 417 063 668. I assist clients worldwide. Including clients from USA, Japan, Germany and UK.
When offered promotion and relocation, ensure you are compensated properly.
Based in Sydney, NSW, Australia