Sample CV template for IT Project Manager below can also be used by all job applicants. Including teachers, nurses, accountants, engineers … etc. Many ask: how to write a CV? Start your sample CV template with as much info as possible. Then edit and proofread your sample CV template. By using this sample CV template you will get a head start.
For a free professional CV evaluation, email me your CV. Whether it is an IT Project Manager CV or any other CV. Also, see my professional CV writing services for IT Project Managers and other roles. Also call me on +61 417 063 668 .
You will find different CV templates, but we focus on the content of the CV.
Sample CV template for IT Project Manager
Phone number (do not include your work number)
Email address (Not a work email)
A summary at the top of your sample CV template.
- Start with your present / last employer
- List all employment, focusing on the most recent experience. Also focus on the most relevant experience.
- List the name of the Company,
- City and State
- A short description of the company
- Size of company (e.g. Largest IT Project management company in Australia),
- Your title: IT Project Manager, Electrical Project Manager … etc.
- Dates of employment, including month and year. But if it is more favorable, you can indicate the year only. For example 2001 to 2004)
- Do not include your salary or any salary range.
- Description of your achievements, tasks and responsibilities
- Within your sample CV template, use strong action verbs (for example project managed, developed, initiated…)
- Include cost savings (e.g., saved 20% on a $1.5 M IT project)
- Repeat the above for each position, starting with the most recent
- Name of University, College, Community College
- City and State
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree
- Graduation date or still attending
Place this section above “Professional Experience” for the sample CV template for recent graduates.
SKILLS & TRAINING
- Include skills such as team building skills for IT Project Managers
- All relevant courses, workshops, seminars
- All relevant computer skills, such as Microsoft Applications
- Foreign Languages, only if required
Do not include this section. Even though some sample CV templates include this section.
(Only if relevant to the job you are applying to)
List of Professional Licenses/ Memberships
- Make a list of referees to give to the boss as soon as they ask for them.
- Some sample CV templates include references. Only indicate “References available upon request” at the end of your CV.
- Pay attention to the overall appearance of your sample CV template. Also, ensure there is sufficient white background space.
- Your CV must reflect the image that matches the salary you are seeking.
- Remove from your sample CV everything that starts with responsibilities. Then replace with accomplishments.
- Your strengths must stand out clearly at the beginning of your CV.
- Quantify your experience on your sample CV template. Include numerical figures. Including funds saved, time periods, % saved … etc. This will make your CV stand out.
Use the above sample CV template for different industries. So can be used as a sample CV template for IT, nurse, construction, electrical … etc.
We’ll be adding another sample CV template shortly, curriculum vitae and how to write a CV. For any questions on the above sample CV template, please ask us.
KMD-solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia