Sample email cover letter below to create your own email cover letter. Use your email cover letter as your sales pitch to the company that you are applying to.
- Achieve the main objective of the email cover letter, by getting invited for an interview.
- Tailor each email for the position that you are applying to.
- Check the job application closing dates and always apply within 1 or 2 days.
- Paste your email cover letter within the body of the email, instead of attaching.
- Use strong CV action verbs to make your cover letter stand out.
- Prepare a sample email cover letter, then edit it for each specific job that you apply for.
- Also see letter of application example.
Sample Email Cover Letter
Date: Jan 14, 2019
From: Michael Rogers
To: Victor Smith
Subject: Job Application for Nurse
I am writing to apply for the position Nurse. Per my attached resume, I have over 5 years of experience in nursing.
“In this section of your sample email cover letter, highlight info relevant to the position that you are applying for. Show the skills and expertise that match the job description.”
I am confident I am the ideal candidate for the nurse role.
“Only if asked to include your salary expectations, indicate that your salary expectations are negotiable”.
I am available to meet with you at a time that’s convenient. Please call me to set up a convenient time. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Don’t sign when sending an email cover letter or when applying online.
Instead of a salary negotiation letter sample, negotiate salary in person or by phone. Indicate that your salary expectations are negotiable, if asked.
Use the above sample email cover letter as a guide, then write a personalized email cover letter. While the above sample is for a nurse, use this sample for all professions.
We’ll be adding another email cover letter shortly.
KMD-solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia