Sample thank you letter format below to create your own thank you letter. Send a thank you letter, after every job interview you attend.
How do you write a thank you letter?
What is the importance of sending a thank you letter?
Thank you letter writing tips
- Personalize each thank you letter.
- Send a thank you letter to each person who interviewed you.
- Ensure each thank you letter is professional and simple with no more than a few sentences.
- You can also send a thank you letter in the form of an email.
- Also, a thank you letter is sometimes referred to as a job interview thank you letter. And also referred to as an after interview thank you letter.
The importance of sending a letter
- A thank you letter also allows you to further highlight your strengths.
- Express your continued interest and enthusiasm for the position and the company. Also, emphasize that you are looking forward to accepting the opportunity. Be genuine.
- Send a thank you letter immediately after a job interview. So that the interviewer receives your thank you letter before they make the hiring decision.
2020 sample thank you letter format
999 Marvin Rd
City, State 00000
September 13, 2020
121 Kent Avenue
Sydney, NSW 2000
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today to discuss the engineering opportunities at your company. I was very impressed with your extensive training program.
(Include in this part of your thank you letter any info you didn’t discuss at the interview. Also anything you didn’t answer well at the interview)
I am confident that my skills and extensive experience would be an asset to your company. As I believe that my education, skills and experience fit your requirements.
Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
Your full name
- Don’t expect a response to your thank you letters.
- Also see my salary negotiation coaching services.
- Working from home can be rewarding. As it allows you to save time, to spend more time with your family and to work flexible hours.
- Please share this sample thank you letter format.
We’ll be adding more sample thank you letter formats and sample thank you letter for salary increase.