Simple resume format below to build and write your own resume. This simple resume builder and simple resume format is very popular.
For a free resume evaluation, email your resume. Also call me on +61 417 063 668.
Use this simple resume format, whether you are a CEO, dentist, teacher, engineer or nurse. Also use this for all other professions.
- Use bullet points instead of paragraphs, to make it easier to read your resume.
- Avoid abbreviations in your simple resume. Even for common words.
- Don’t include hobbies in your resume.
- Don’t include salary expectations in your resume.
- Proofread your resume. Correct all spelling and grammar mistakes
Simple resume format and resume builder
Contact phone number
Include your cell phone number. But don’t include your work number.
Use an email address that sounds professional.
A brief statement describing you, your experience and strengths.
- Start with your present / last employer
- List of all employment up to 15 years. Focus on the relevant experience
- List the name of the Company. Also the location.
- A brief description of the company. Also the size of the company. Such as the largest IT company in Sydney
- Your title. Or titles if you had more than one title.
- Dates of employment
- Do not include your salary expectations in your simple resume
- Use strong action verbs, such as managed and initiated
- Include cost savings, such as % and $
- Repeat the above for each position.
- Name of University or College. Also the location
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Graduation date or expected date of graduation
Certification and Training
Under this section of your simple resume format, include:
- Any relevant skills not listed under professional experience
- All relevant courses, workshops and seminars
- All relevant computer skills
- List any certification including training
- Foreign Languages. Only list if this would be an asset.
- Very few simple resume formats include this section.
- Do not list your personal details, such as age or marital status. Unless asked to do so.
- Don’t list anything that does not apply to the job that you are applying for. Also, do not include hobbies.
This section of the simple resume format is optional. Depending on the requirements of the job that you are applying to
In this section of the simple resume format, list memberships
- Contact your referees and prepare a list to give to the employer when asked.
- Include references available upon request. Some list the references in the simple resume format. But I don’t recommend doing so. Unless you are asked to do so.
My resume services ensure you have a professional resume. Your resume is your first step to getting the job that you want. Most employers review a resume in 10 seconds, then move on to the next resume.
You will find many resume formats. Make sure the simple resume format that you use makes you stand out. If you are not sure, email me for a free evaluation.
We’ll be adding another free simple resume format and a simple resume builder. For any questions about the above simple resume format, please email us.
KMD-solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia.