Sample email cover letter to follow can be used and modified to create your own. Instead of a salary negotiation letter sample, we recommend salary negotiation in person or by phone. If asked about your salary expectations, indicate that your salary expectations are “negotiable”..
- An email cover letter is your sales pitch to the company you are applying to.
- The main objective of the email cover letter & resume is to get the employer interested in calling you for an interview.
- Each email for job application/ cover letter should be tailored for the position and company you are applying to.
- Check job application closing dates and always apply early.
- Use Strong Action Verbs & phrases to describe yourself, your skills and your strengths.
- You can prepare a general email cover letter, which must be edited for each specific job that you apply for.
Sample Email Cover Letter
Date: July 28th, 2017
From: Michael Rogers [MRogers@personal email.com]
Subject line of email: Job Application for Sales Manager
Dear Mr. Smith
I am writing to apply for the position of IT Sales Manager that was advertised in today’s XYZ.com. Per my enclosed resume, I have over 10 years of experience in sales.
“In this section of your email cover letter, highlight information relevant to the description of the advertisement of the position that you are applying for. So, show the skills and expertise that you have that match the description of the job you are applying for. ”
I have exceeded sales quotas in all my previous sales positions. I am confident I am the ideal candidate for the sales manager role at your company.
(You can include in this space: my salary expectations are negotiable. Only if asked to include your salary expectations).
I am available to meet with you at a time that’s convenient. Please call me or email me to set up a convenient time. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Your signature is not needed when sending an email cover letter or when applying online.
Be prepared for job offer salary negotiations, see Negotiate Job Offer With Examples Of Negotiation Scenarios.
The above sample email cover letter is only a sample and you should write a personalized email cover letter for each job application, company & person you are applying to. We’ll be adding another sample email cover letter shortly.
KMD-solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia