Job interview questions are easy when you are well prepared.
- What are the most common job interview questions?
- How to respond to the top interview questions?
The most common questions are what is your greatest weakness, tell me about yourself and what is your expected salary.
- Many companies are conducting online and virtual, instead of face-to-face job interviews.
- Also see my virtual job interview tips.
- These questions apply to virtual and face-to-face interviews. Including online video, phone and one-way interviews.
- The key to succeed is to practice and to be prepared. So, convince the interviewers that you are the best candidate.
- Practice these most common questions before your next interview.
- See my job search common questions and answers.
- Also, these questions apply to all industries. Including mining, finance, banking, aviation, sales, childcare, logistics, operations, medical, education, engineering, health care and IT.
Common job interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your excepted salary? Or what is your desired salary? or what are your salary requirements?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you like most about your current role?
- Describe a time when you worked with someone who had a different approach from your approach? How did you deal with the differences?
- What do you know about our Company?
- Describe a time when you exceeded a customer’s expectations? And how did you achieve this? Also, how did you know that you exceeded the customer’s expectations?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Describe a time when you were in a team and were unable to complete your share of work on time. Also how did you handle it?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Can you give me an example of a mistake that you made and how did you correct it?
- Have you ever had to work closely with a person you didn’t get along with? Also how did you handle this?
- What did you find difficult or challenging about your current or last role?
- Describe a problem that was interesting to you and how you solved it.
- Why are you leaving your present job or why did you leave your last job?
- What can you do for us that someone else can’t?
- Why did you apply for this position?
- What made you apply for the role?
- Describe a time when you handled a challenging situation.
- What is your current salary?
- Describe a difficult customer you dealt with. And why was the customer difficult? How did you engage the customer? Also, what lessons have you learned about keeping the customer satisfied?
- What do you if you disagree with your manager?
- Do you have any questions?
The above questions are not in any order. Have a look at my job interview tips and practice to increase your chances.
Other common questions
- How is your health?
- How soon can you start?
- Why have you been unemployed for so long?
- What were you doing while unemployed?
- Describe a mistake that you made and how you handled it.
- What qualifications do you have for this role?
- Do you prefer to work with others or on your own?
- Have you disagreed with a manager’s decision and how did you handle this?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
- How long would you stay with our company?
Job interview tips
- Practice the above questions for face to face interviews.
- Also, these questions apply to virtual interviews, including online video and phone interviews.
- Whether you are a CEO, director, executive, financial controller or nurse.
- Also, if you are an IT project manager, engineer, teacher or childcare worker. In addition to flight attendant. dental assistant, accountant or supervisor.
- These questions are asked worldwide. Including in Australia, USA, Canada, Brazil, Japan and Germany.
- Will be adding how to respond to the frequently asked questions. In addition to job interview negotiations.
See my job interview coaching. Also call me to discuss.
Please share these most common job interview questions.
KMD-Solutions is in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
Design by Trendy Web Solutions