Salary increase request letter could be to justify a salary increase.
Salary Increase Request Letter Question
Should I have asked for an increase before accepting more responsibilities? My boss asked me for a salary increase request letter to justify a salary increase. So, can you give me some tips?
- Negotiate salary before accepting more responsibilities. As you can usually negotiate a higher salary if you negotiate before accepting.
- Sounds like your boss may want a salary increase request letter to show to his/ her manager. Or he just wants it for the record.
- In your justification, explain the value you bring to the company and your achievements.
- We suggest being firm, by using words like: I deserve so and so. Or I want this higher pay because I have earned it and I deserve it”. Also, do not use words like “I’d like” or “I hope” or “I guess”.
- We also suggest your justification be in bullet points.
- A salary increase can be in the form of salary packaging. Including a company car, laptop, insurance, cell phone … etc. Discuss all salary options that appeal to you with your employer.
- Also, have a look at our pay raise tips, as these tips apply here. In addition to counter offer letter.
Let me work work with you to negotiate the highest salary. Call me on +61 417 063 668 for a free salary negotiation coaching evaluation. Also see my job interview coaching and my resume writing services.
Summary of other
- Ask my boss for a pay rise
- What is your expected salary?
- Two confirmed job offers and I don’t know what to do
- Pay rise request letter
- Promotion- relocation
- Offer from another company
- I hate cold calling
- ‘Desired salary’
Shortly we’ll add a salary increase request letter sample.
KMD-Solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia