Job fairs and career expos are common for entry level job recruitment. They provide a large number of candidates to employers. Also, they give job seekers the opportunity to explore many companies at the one event. But they are not limited to entry level recruitment.
Some popular job fairs and career expos
Tradeswomen.net: Women in Trades Career Fair
SWE WE Conference: World’s largest conference for women engineers
Coast to Coast Career Fairs: Browse career fairs by region
There are community job fairs, campus job fairs and professional job fairs. They hold job fairs in major cities around the world.
How to make the most of job fairs
- Pre-register for the event.
- Research the companies. Also visit their websites before attending. Find out what openings they have.
- List some questions you’d like to ask the employers.
- Take 50 resumes with you.
- Dress as you dress up for a job interview.
- Have relevant info with you. So you can fill application forms.
- Be a good listener, as well as a good communicator.
- Arrive early.
- Be prepared for interviews. The more you prepare, the better chances you’ll have. Also, market yourself.
- Spend quality time talking to the employers. So you can make a good impression. As this is more important than simply distributing resumes.
- Collect business cards as you go.
- Network as much as possible.
- Follow up with thank you emails, after the job fair.
KMD-Solutions is based in Sydney, NSW, Australia.