Job search techniques to help you succeed in your job search. A successful job search requires planning and preparation. Apply for jobs through all job search methods. Do not rely on only one method.
ASK US E-mail us any job search techniques or career questions. Whether it is related to resume writing, cover letter, the hidden job market, job search follow up techniques, interview questions, job references or salary negotiations.
Job search techniques to succeed
- Treat your job search like a full time job.
- The better you plan, the quicker your will secure a job.
- Succeeding is not just a matter of trying again & again
- The first step is to decide what career path you want to pursue & what types of jobs you want to apply for. Your decision should be based on what you like to do, your expertise, your skills & what jobs are available.
- Get ready by preparing your resume & cover letter
- Get organized by having a system for jobs applied for; Company name, contact name & details, dates, outcome, following up … etc. Keep good records. This will come handy not only for this job search, but for the future too.
- Find and apply for jobs you are aiming for. Use online application forms, when available.
- Check job application closing dates and always apply early.
- If you are serious about your job search, don’t ignore the hidden job market, by cold calling and networking.
- Have your job references and their contact details ready.
- Stay confident by preparing and being ready for the interview. See our job interview tips.
- Write a thank you letter to everyone who interviews you.
- It is always easier to find a job while you have a job. So even if you dislike your current job, it is best not to resign until you have a written job offer for your new job. It also helps you negotiate a better salary if you are currently working.
Check out our resume writing services, to make your resume stand out.