Job seeking techniques to help you succeed in your job search in 2023. Do not rely on only one search method. Succeeding is not just a matter of trying again and again.
- How can I improve my searching techniques?
- Is it better to be working while job searching?
- How can I find a higher paying job quickly?
Job seeking techniques to succeed in 2023
- Treat your search like full-time employment.
- A successful search requires planning and preparation. Apply for jobs through all methods.
- The better you plan, the quicker your will secure employment.
- The first step is to decide what career path you want to pursue and what types of jobs you want to apply for. And your decision should be based on what you like to do. In addition to your expertise, your skills and available jobs.
- Be focused and selective.
- Many spend a few years studying to improve their careers, but they only spend a couple of hours in preparing their resume. Even though a resume is vital to secure a job quickly.
- So spend considerable time and effort on improving your resume. And ensure that your resume stands out.
- Don’t only rely on online job advertisements.
- Check application closing dates.
- Explore websites of companies that interest you.
- One of the most important techniques is to always apply early.
Is it better to be working while job seeking?
- It is always easier to find a job while you have a job.
- So even if you dislike your current job, it is best not to resign until you have a written employment offer for your new job. Unless you can’t handle staying at your current job for health reasons or due to your personal circumstances.
- It also helps you negotiate a higher salary for your new job, if you are currently working.
More job search techniques
- Get organized by having a system for all jobs applied for.
- Include company name, contact details, dates, outcome and follow up. Also keep good records. As this will come handy not only for this search, but for the future too.
- Find and apply for jobs you are aiming for. Use online application forms.
- Explore the hidden job market by cold calling and networking.
- Have your references and their contact details ready.
- Stay confident by preparing and being ready for the interview. See my interview tips.
- Write a thank you letter to everyone who interviews you.
Check out my interview training. With clients across Australia. Including Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane. Also assisting worldwide clients in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Germany and Japan.
Please share these job seeking techniques.