Job search tips to help you succeed in your job search. Plan your job search. Also, succeeding in a job search is not just a matter of luck or trying again and again.
Job Search Tips
- For every job opening, there will be only one successful applicant. While all the rest will be rejected. You must accept rejection and be willing to move on.
- You can ask for the reason you didn’t get a job. But don’t worry about it.
- Once you decide the career path you want, pursue it with passion. If after some amount of time you are not successful, be willing to try something else. You can always return to your original career path at a later date.
- Depending on your field, it could take several months to get a job. Don’t give up.
- Show your initiative by following up. But don’t wait by the phone. It can be very frustrating. Also, keep applying until you have a written offer.
- There will be times when you will be down during your job search. Don’t isolate yourself. Involve family and friends.
- It is always easier to find a job while you have one. Having an existing job keeps your confidence high and prevents you from panicking. Also, it helps you negotiate a higher starting salary.
- If you don’t currently have a job, you should be a full-time job seeker.
- Look into Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Job Search Tips on How to Look for a Job
- Cold calling and networking. The more cold calling and networking you do, the quicker you will find the right job. Read more about this in our hidden job market,
- Cold calling includes knocking on doors and calling via phone.
- Company web sites
- Job advertisements
- LinkedIn: This options allow recruiters and employers to find you. Ensure you protect your privacy by not revealing your personal details. Also, be aware that any sensitive personal information you list would be all over the web:
- National Publications/ Journals:
- Professional Associations
- On-campus recruiting (for about to graduate students and for recent graduates
- Job Fairs
- Employment Agencies
Kmd-Solutions is based in Sydney, NSW